Environmental headshot sessions happen in the outdoors of course. There has to be a balance of lighting and shutter speeds when taking professional environmental headshots. Richard’s Photography has studied and implemented this type of professional photography into everyday portrait sessions. Outdoor portraits using high speed sync is the best way to achieve the most attractive outdoor photo sessions. The majority of people love the relaxing outdoor images versus being in studio. Sometimes our clients are restricted to using a particular solid color background inside the studio.
Tips for Better Environmental Portraits
- Do your photography homework. To properly photograph someone in their San Antonio environment, you need to know your subject.
- Get them talking. Ask what they like about their job and what their plans for the future are.
- Use Live View (if your camera has it) Best for doing HSS photography
- Modify the light. Use a light modifier for outdoor photography sessions.
- Don’t be afraid to shoot tight. Zoom in closer as the face and eyes usually make a nice photograph especially for social media.