Family Photography by Richard Rives San Antonio Family Portrait Photographer With 26 Years of Professional Experience
Professional Family Portraits Photographer Families, Children, Kids, Individuals
Families in San Antonio that need a family portraits photographer. What are the specific needs and occasions for a family photographer?
- Family Members Are Scattered All Over the Place – Gathering All in One Place!
- Your Photos Are so Out of Date – 1978 called and Wants Their Portraits Back!
- Friends Visiting From Our of Town
- A Family Reunion Including Great Grandparents, Grand Children, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Nephews, Nieces and Babies.
- We Just Got a New Pet and Want Fresh Images to Include Our Pet – He’s Part of The Family Now.
- Little Johnny is Home From The Military – It’s Time to Gather For Some Photos.
- We Just Got Married and are a New Family With Children From Different Marriages. (This one comes up often)
2 Major Reasons Why On Location for Family Photography Versus Studio
- We have a small studio space that fits 1 – 2 people. We could try and fit more people in but it would be cramped and crowded. There would be no room to work and it would be very restricting as to what we could do. Your session would be over in 2 minutes.
- Going on location gives the freedom and space to move around. We would be able to use creative lighting and set up for different angles that would be very creative. The scenery for location family photography can be different in every shot taken.
Why Outdoor Family Photos Have More Punch
- With the ability to change camera settings for any given scenario we can make your family pictures look 3 dimensional.
- Our fast shutter speed on the camera can give the appearance of being indoor but with an outdoor scene.
Here’s a beautiful portrait of a couple out on location
- They look happy. 45 Years of marriage is a good reason for a couples photography session.
- There’s plenty of room to work and move around. They will be more eager to continue being photographed.
- Did I mention they look happy? Couples normally are happier showing better expressions when they are outside.
- With an outdoor portrait the photographer can move around and make several images have a different background.
Why Children Photograph So Well Outdoors
- Children are often intimidated by a new place, new smell, new environment. They are out of their comfort zone. Being in a studio with lights in their face and people watching can be intimidating.
- Children’s portraits work well outside. They don’t feel enclosed. They are already used to playing outside and being outside. So why not dress them up and do some creative kids photography.
- At our portrait studio we have a giant garden area where we photograph kids and children. In the spring time we have 1000s of wildflowers where they can pose for the camera and be themselves.
Dress Your Children Properly For Amazing Portraits
- For that little daughter, get her the nicest dress or dresses you can find. Get something colorful. You’ll be amazed at how color can make your child stand out even more.
- If you a boy get him something interesting to wear. No t-shirts please. This doesn’t look good in family portraits.
- Get a couple of outfits for your boy or son that will set him apart from others child portraits you’ve seen. You don’t want to carbon copy something else you’ve already seen done before by other photographers.
Family Portraits by a Seasoned Professional Richard Rives San Antonio Texas
Tips on Getting Ready for Your Family Portraits
- This tip is the most important tip. Be sure you take the time to color coordinate your clothing! Can’t stress this one enough.
- Your choice of clothing can make, break or turn your family photo session into disaster. Wear the same patterns and colors and you will be perfect.
- Hair and hair styles. Is your hair the way you like it? If not get your hair done. Go to your stylist. Hair gone crazy or out of shape, this is not something we can fix in Photoshop.
- If you have pets be sure you are able to control them. A pet out of control can be a major distraction. Everybody is looking at what the family pet is doing not looking at the photographer. This is not good and can turn very stressful. Make sure your pet is a calm and loving and not hyper.
- Decide ahead of time exactly where you want your family photos taken. Last minute decisions on a location can lead to confusion. Nail it down, exactly where you want to be photographed.
A family portraits Photographer session is when family members get together it’s either for a family reunion where members come from all over the State, Country or from outside the Country. Other gatherings are for when a member of the family is being honored or awarded for an accomplishment. There are all kinds of reason to bond with family members even if it’s just to catch up on what’s happening in each others lives. Really there doesn’t have to be a reason.
Possibly you just needed an updated family photo for the den or living room wall. We can provide beautiful images of your entire generations. Our usual plan is to photograph individuals, individuals with their respective family then the entire family as a whole. Hopefully grandma and grandpa will be there too to be included in the portraits. There are numerous possibilities when photographing a family. There are several areas to go on location, different ways to dress for the occasion plus different ways to pose groups. Family portraits also don’t have to uniformed. You don’t always have to settle for everyone standing in a straight line. You can pose different people in little groups. This makes things more interesting.
Family photography all takes some planning therefore you may contact us and tell us what you’re planning and we will try to work with your ideas and possibly throw some ideas your way as well. We have been in the business so long that we usually get involved in clothing choices (at least give our opinions) on what to wear and what color combinations looks best. Where to go, what places are there that will hold all of our group? We have some ideas that we can share. We need to know exactly how many people will be included.
Are you wanting us to separate the different people from the select family groupings and photograph them separately? Yes, we can do that for you. It’s part of what we do when you hire us. We take notes on who’s who and the make suggestions on which persons to include together in a particular photograph. We told you, we’ve done this for quite a while and have it down. This is the reason you hire a professional. We have all of this information and suggestions in our heads. Knowing all of this ahead of time is usually an indicator that the session can and will be successful and enjoyable. It could all go off with out any kinks if it’s all planned out ahead of time. Now, do you think you’re ready to give us the honor of taking care of your family photography needs?
Couples Family Portraits Photographer
Couples often want to get their own photos taken by someone who knows what they’re doing. It’s magical when you can capture a couple in their most intimate moments. Catching those little smiles, the squinty eyes, the dimples, the eye-to-eye flirting. These are all things a good family portraits photographer can capture when working one-on-one with a man and woman. Whether you’re an older married couple of you’re engaged we can capture those moments for you.
Do’s And Dont’s Of Family members Picture Photography
Throughout the years, many families have really paid photographers to make pictures of their pleased ancestral tree. Family photos remain to be among the very best methods to preserve a household’s heritage. This practice has actually progressed because as well as today the digital age of camera gave birth to even more modern family picture digital photography techniques that made it simpler for members of the families to take their very own household pictures if they do not wish to use a specialist to do it.
Below are some simple to follow do’s and dont’s that can aid you tape fantastic family memories:
DO: Pick the Right Digital photographer
You could always set up a consultation with an expert picture specialist digital photographer if your household has the premium of time. All you have to stress around is just how you need to dress up on the event as well as the expert photographer will take care of the remainder.
You could constantly do the images by yourself. Simply take the lead in offering instructions if you have a buddy that may hold the webcam for you. If you do not have anyone else that may click the digital cam, try using the superb old timer. Digital camera can hold up to around 20 second, supplying you adequate time to posture, hold the smile and also prepare.
DON’T: Take Photos without Cosmetics On
If you prefer to take pictures up close, inform your household members to at least tidy their faces and also put a little comprise on. Go for the all-natural look unless you are using official clothing where you would require total make up on women and also the males’s function highlighted with powder as well as some structure as well as liners.
DO: Plan on Just What to Put on and Wear
There is absolutely nothing shabbier than a house image that has you appearing like a rag doll beside the well dressed Mother and father. You do not desire anyone else to stand out. If you select putting on official clothing, make sure that everyone remains in official garments. The shades have actually to be teamed up. You can either utilize the precise very same shade or gown in contrast, or black as well as white, nonetheless please have one identifiable and specific style in position. This will show unity as well as consistency in print.
If you go with a much less severe picture, after that going bananas on colors is permitted. If you prepare to pose on the beach, just see to it that everybody is dressed in swimsuit.
DON’T: Take Any Photos When Someone Continues to be in a Negative Mood
Expert picture shoots are usually arranged, so make an initiative to keep each other satisfied prior to the picture taking. Get everyone in the mood originally if you have been intending to take images on your own. Have them laughing normally so that the inherent radiance in their faces will show. You do not desire the faces on your family members picture to look glum or nasty. Even if you were instructed not to smile on a specific picture, specifically in official ones, it doesn’t indicate that you are unpleasant. Any unfavorable ambiance might be reflected, so unless you desire your family portraits to resemble a picture of a fumbling suit– make each various other happy!
DO: Change the Views – Look Around For Various Shooting Spots
We are not in the medieval ages where images of family members are really tight and also formal unless this is the direction you desire to go. Take pictures on the beach, while driving, bungee jumping, or anything that is out of the ordinary as well as you’ll be impressed at exactly how preliminary your pictures will certainly turn out!
Any kind of negative setting could be reflected, so unless you prefer your family pictures to appear like a picture of a fumbling match– make each other pleased!
Throughout background, noble families have actually paid painters to make pictures of their satisfied lineage. Home portraits remain to be one of the finest methods to secure a household’s heritage. This technique has in fact created because and today the electronic age of electronic video cameras provided birth to even more contemporary family members picture photography methods that made it a lot easier for family members to take their own household photos if they do not want to utilize an expert to do it.
And in the future in so countless years, you most likely won’t remember what sort of web cam the digital photographer used to take the photo or just what vehicle you were driving on the approach to the studio, nevertheless you will for life bear in mind the faces and giggling you had with each other as a household while having the home photos taken!
Genuinely, Family Members Portrait Digital photography is straightforward and also pleasurable. It was turned into a tradition not just to record the images of the lineage members nonetheless additionally as a bonding moment for the household to be together. And in the future in many years, you most likely won’t keep in mind precisely just what type of web cam the professional photographer utilized to take the picture or exactly what automobile you were driving on the way to the studio, however you will completely bear in mind the faces and also giggling you had together as a house while having the family pictures taken!
Feel free to call Monday – Friday from 8:30 am until 7:30 pm.
We are open on Saturday from 8:30 until 1:00 pm 210-541-2985
Richard’s Photography LLC
Richard & Patty Rives
San Antonio, Texas 78248