Family Photography by Richard Rives San Antonio Family Portrait Photographer With 26 Years of Professional Experience
Professional Family Portraits Photographer Families, Children, Kids, Individuals
Families in San Antonio that need a family portraits photographer. What are the specific needs and occasions for a family photographer?
- Family Members Are Scattered All Over the Place – Gathering All in One Place!
- Your Photos Are so Out of Date – 1978 called and Wants Their Portraits Back!
- Friends Visiting From Our of Town
- A Family Reunion Including Great Grandparents, Grand Children, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Nephews, Nieces and Babies.
- We Just Got a New Pet and Want Fresh Images to Include Our Pet – He’s Part of The Family Now.
- Little Johnny is Home From The Military – It’s Time to Gather For Some Photos.
- We Just Got Married and are a New Family With Children From Different Marriages. (This one comes up often)
2 Major Reasons Why On Location for Family Photography Versus Studio
- We have a small studio space that fits 1 – 2 people. We could try and fit more people in but it would be cramped and crowded. There would be no room to work and it would be very restricting as to what we could do. Your session would be over in 2 minutes.
- Going on location gives the freedom and space to move around. We would be able to use creative lighting and set up for different angles that would be very creative. The scenery for location family photography can be different in every shot taken.
Why Outdoor Family Photos Have More Punch
- With the ability to change camera settings for any given scenario we can make your family pictures look 3 dimensional.
- Our fast shutter speed on the camera can give the appearance of being indoor but with an outdoor scene.
Why Children Photograph So Well Outdoors
- Children are often intimidated by a new place, new smell, new environment. They are out of their comfort zone. Being in a studio with lights in their face and people watching can be intimidating.
- Children’s portraits work well outside. They don’t feel enclosed. They are already used to playing outside and being outside. So why not dress them up and do some creative kids photography.
- At our portrait studio we have a giant garden area where we photograph kids and children. In the spring time we have 1000s of wildflowers where they can pose for the camera and be themselves.
Dress Your Children Properly For Amazing Portraits
- For that little daughter, get her the nicest dress or dresses you can find. Get something colorful. You’ll be amazed at how color can make your child stand out even more.
- If you a boy get him something interesting to wear. No t-shirts please. This doesn’t look good in family portraits.
- Get a couple of outfits for your boy or son that will set him apart from others child portraits you’ve seen. You don’t want to carbon copy something else you’ve already seen done before by other photographers.